December 23rd, 2020
Discovering a leak in your pipes is an extremely difficult venture. In the past this process would often require hard work which included tearing up some part of a customer’s property. Fortunately today state of the art technology is employed to detect various leaks through a video inspection. In this case you do not spend that much on labor costs, keep your landscaping in one piece and actually see for yourself the problem with your pipes.
One of the most effective tools in the plumbing business is video inspection cameras. The video camera is a flexible fiber-optic wire with a high resolution camera at the end. Such cameras provide clear visual inspection of underground sewer lines and other pipes to evaluate the inside state of the pipe. Camera radio transmitters film the depth and physical location from the surface so that defects and obstructions can be fixed properly. Video images can be permanently saved on a video tape or DVD.
This top-notch equipment is also used by plumbers to locate leaks with incredible accuracy.
Video camera inspection can detect:
- Damaged or distorted pipes
- Pipe corrosion
- Tree roots inside the pipes
- Blockages inside the pipes
- Displaces pipes
- Grease and debris build up in your pipes
As a homeowner you may wonder why in the world you might require the video pipe inspection in the first place. The following signs should answer your question.
- If you cannot escape a bad, sewer-like smell in your house or around your property, your malfunctioning sewer line could be the reason.
- Your sewer lines might become blocked up and back up into your home. The reason could be anything from a distorted pipe to a debris clog; in this case a video camera inspection is an indispensable ally in detecting the problem.
- If you have water pooling anywhere inside or outside of your home, a leaking pipe is most likely the cause of that. Contact Norwalk Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning about leak detection through video inspection.
Whenever you have plumbing issues with your pipes, call our plumbers to accurately assess the situation, using video camera inspection if needed which makes it much easier to do the right repairs. Instead of guessing what causes your pipe issues, at Norwalk Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning we will precisely troubleshoot the problem and you will only pay for the repairs you truly need!